SaskFSA membership is based on $0.10 per productive acre (annual crop production acres). The minimum membership is $100. For example, 5000 acres x 0.10 = $500. The economics of being able to manage excess water on your farm can provide a ROI of up to $180 / acre.
There are not many things that you can buy for your farm that provide that kind of ROI.
- Do you want to protect your right to improve your land & develop marginal acres? We are your farmer voice, an organized group of progressive landowners.
- Do you know the policy & process for obtaining a drainage approval on your land? We do, and we provide grassroots solutions to policy decision makers.
- Do you want to spend your time advocating for your right to use drainage as a business risk management tool on your farm? We do that for you.
- Do you believe water management improves the health of your soil, crops, business & communities? We do & we work hard to defend AG & educate the public on the benefits of responsible drainage.
- Do you want to know more about drainage design, technology & best management practices? We can help.
- Do you have a seat at the policy table? We do, and we work on behalf of all farmers, in all regions of SK.
SaskFSA is dedicated to ensuring that the farmers’ viewpoint is considered when it relates to agriculture land and water policy.
Become a member today!